Monday, December 6, 2010

No one will ever love me as much as my cat.

The next post is about my cat.  His name is Stanly, Stan if you know him well enough.  Stan came into my life, and coincidently my family's, in 2005.  My parents live on about an acre of land in what some would consider a "semi-rurual"area of Sonoma County.  There in the beautiful country side, I spent my adolescence kicking rocks and finding cats.  For some unknown reason, people consider this to be the best place to drop off their pets when they no longer want them.  Regularly we would discover our back field to be habitated by lonely people-friendly cats, hungry and desperate for pets.  Apparently, people are confused when they get kittens.  Just in case you didn't know let me explain.
Contrary to popular belief, kittens do not stay in their pint sized, gooey eyed, disproportionate bodies forever.  Eventually they grow up.  And they get big.  And indpendent.  And, let's be honest, not as cute.  This is when confused owners take their domesticated cattens (term for kitten that's almost a cat) and drop them off in a field.  On occasion, that field would be my parents' field.
That is how I met Stan.  My mother is allergic to cats and vowed never to let us take one into the house.  Stan was determined to make it in though.  After a couple weeks of begging for entry, Stan succesffuly infiltrated the house.

Basically, no one will ever love me as much as Stan does.  Fact.





Hopefully I am not the only one who has experienced this.  If you've had a cat chew on your head while you sleep please let me so I can be reassured Stan isn't trying to pull some Sigfried/Roy Tiger maul shit.

7 comments:

  1. That's really sad that people abandon cats so often. What does your family do to the other cats you find? Do you guys report them to someone?

    Also, you're really good at drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one's hilarious! I love the last picture.

    Who knows what pets are really thinking anyway eh? I like to assume that they really are how you portray them in these drawings. Smart, noble, and very caring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your comics are hilarious, remember one or two of them when your working in the them. Keepp it up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where in Sonoma County are you from? I'm from Sebastopol. Stanley sounds like my cat, Flash (aka fluffybutt).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gotta also agree with the others and say that i also really enjoyed your drawings/comics. Just be on the watch with your cat, and hopefully there will be no sneak attacks in the future, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. With the cats we usually feed them outside and they migrate to other places. Particularly personable ones (or really mean ones) we capture and take to the shelter. Since we live in the county we don't qualify to bring abandoned animals to the normal animal shelter, we either have to drive up to Santa Rosa or convince a friend who lives in city limits to bring them in.

    Damien, I am from Petaluma.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing! im so happy when people post about their cats. So often, people who love thir cats are referred to as "crazy cat people" but really my cat is just like this cuddly ball of fur that is always there to cuddle no matter what mood I am in :) Im glad you're helping out cats

    ReplyDelete