Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A More Accurate Food Pyramid

I've come to the conclusion that the recommended diet of 6 servings of whole grains, 4 of vegetable, 2.5 of fruits, 3 of dairy, none of fun stuff, is really to constricting.  Seriously US Department of Agriculture, what is 2.5 servings anyway?  How could I have only a half serving?  That would be wasteful.  A larger question I have though is why is the Department of Agriculture in charge of establishing the "proper diet" and not the Department of Health?

Anyway, this is what I've noticed my diet consists of:



Thanks.

5 comments:

  1. Good thing the real food pyramid is totally invalid!! http://www.rense.com/general12/wrong.htm

    Unfortunately, I wish your pyramid was really what we needed for optimum health. I'd be in the best shape ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS THIS IS SHANNON!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephen Curran says

    I really enjoyed and agreed with your depiction of the food pyramid. I especially agree with the cheeze part. I eat a lot of food with cheeze on it. I think its because its an easy way to make bad food taste cheezy and good. Anyway, I have a question about the sample portion of the pyramid(it is quite large). Where are all the samples at? I know about costco. Do you got a good sample spot?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your drawing of your food pyramid. Couldn't agree with you more. Honestly, I think it's hard following it and I don't think many people do. They should seriously change it. I love free samples. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are plenty of drinks touting amazing health properties. Poke franchise

    ReplyDelete