Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Walgreens Select/Cheese?

Sorry for the quality of the next drawing/comic/class notes, I promise to invest in better colored pencils/markers when I trip over a duffel bag of $20 bills.  These Walgreens Select are really not cutting it.  Despite claiming to be "the #1 choice of Teachers.  Blindly, I eagerly grabbed the last box of 50 color rich pencils and apathetically grabbed the box 10 markers, because I really only wanted the black one.  What I should have realized was that the title of "#1 choice of Teachers" was a warning flag.
Think:
When was the last time you regularly used colored pencils and markers?

Elementary School, probably a public one too because if you went to a private school you were given paint and brushes made of unicorn hairs.  Fact.

Consequently, since they are working at a public school it is safe to assume their budget is wildly underfunded.  I find this to be the only logical explanation for why Walgreens Select is "the #1 choice of Teachers."  Really, it should be "the #1 choice of broke-ass-good-intentioned-city-employees."  And I have the utmost respect for the majority of you, but your clear lapse in art supply preference makes me question some of your judgements.

In my review I would say:

While not my first choice, Walgreens Select Colored Pencils come in a variety of shades.  However, it does savor of a marketing attempt to win over consumers by offering 50-fucking-colors in 1 box.  I assume they are feebly trying to distract me from the actual quality of the product by reminding me that such colors as "Sand" or "Periwinkle Blue" exist.  I find that they smudge and are not perfect.  Price wise they are quite reasonable  I would recommend them to broke-ass public school teachers.
-Rosemary Reese, Professional Critic of All Things Trivial

I Digress:


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your drawings. Seriously.

    I have an idea! You should get a ChipIn widget and put it in your side bar to try & raise money for some new drawing tools. :D

    http://www.chipin.com/

    ReplyDelete